So it's Resolution Time again, and while I used to sneer at resolutions, I've warmed up to them in recent years. Yeah, I don't always stick to them, but that's not the point. The point is that it's fun to make them because at least for a little while, you can enjoy imagining the person you WISH to become, instead of the regular old person you are. So, in honor of wish fulfillment, here are my resolutions for this year:
1. Really master indoor hydroponics. I've been dabbling in hydroponic growing in various forms for a few years, at least enough to make me painfully aware how much I don't know. This year, I hope to really get it down.
2. Get more cacti and succulents. Or perhaps that should read: kill fewer cacti and succulents.
3. Get on a regular pot-flushing schedule. Over time, fertilizer salts build up in your container, and it's important to flush them out on a regular basis. I'm OK about this, but could be much better.
4. Keep my trays clean. Ha ha, right? Clean trays! That's a good one. No, wait, I'm serious. I mean it. No more letting water dry into a muddy mess in the trays.
5. Keep up the good orchid work. This was a pretty good year for orchids, after a rough start. So I want to keep it going.
And that's it! Five feels like plenty. So what about you? Feel free to post your plant-related resolutions in the comments.